Welcome to the 2nd semester of my senior year of college! It is unbelievable to me that I have been at Elon for 3 1/2 years and that I only have 108 days left! Elon has been the place where I have searched to figure out who God is, who I am, and who I am in Christ. Elon has been the place where I have felt the most heartache and many of my greatest joys.
Yesterday I embarked on a journey called "Life Stories". In reality I should say I began a class called Life Stories... but I truly believe it is going to be a journey. This class is only offered at 8 am, and I am choosing to take it simply because I think it will be great for me. The purpose of the class is for students to reflect on their past, present, and future while getting to know who they really are. What a great thing to do right before graduation?
I purchased a new journal and began the process of writing my life story. The next two weeks we are focusing on the Meyers Briggs Psychological personality assessment. Once we complete that we will focus on love languages and how we best give and receive love. As we continue learning these various things about ourselves we will also be writing our stories in three parts: past, present, and future. I believe the hardest to write will be my future. Not only do I have to write one future life prediction, but three possible outcomes. The end product will be my autobiography in approximately 100 typed pages.
My teacher clearly said that this is meant to be "therapeutic, not therapy". I'm really looking to put 110% into this because I want it to not simply be a class that I am taking, but a journey down a path towards knowing myself better.
No comments:
Post a Comment