I had forgotten how exhausted I am by the end of the day when the beginning comes at 5:30 am! (Oh what I have to look forward to over the next many years) That was once again my wake up time this morning as we planned to leave at 6:30 for the Praxis. The starting time wasn't until 7:30 but we figured this allowed us some time to get lost, find parking etc.
We arrived at the testing site about 35 minutes early ( just the way I like it). So we putzed around for a while and then right before the call time this lady told us we weren't allowed to take our bags inside! So back to the car we flew and arrived just as they started lining people up. This flustered me and I quickly became paranoid that I was no longer following all of the testing requirements. They made it very clear that failure to follow one of the rules would receive an immediate punishment of being kicked out of the test, with scores to be cancelled. My paranoia was that my cell phone was in my key case even though I KNEW I had left it in my car. How I wish I could let stuff like that go...
Well regardless... phone was in my car. Away from the mean ETS ladies. I believe the test went well. Well, better than I had expected anyway. Now we get to wait for 4 weeks to learn whether or not we are certified teachers. Don't we just love waiting?
We didn't get home till almost 4 this afternoon, and the past 7 hours or so have been devoted to packing/cleaning/getting ready to leave for SPAIN.
Woah... we are leaving for the airport at 8 in the morning. I'm hoping I have everything we need to embark on this journey! Some extremely important things I have: contacts, cameras, passport, money. I think I'll survive as long as I have those things. I realize the cameras aren't necessary items, but I would hate to not be able to record the trip.
I'm hoping to learn and grow a lot on this trip. We'll see what comes of it.
See you in 10 days Mister blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment