Many things about May are wonderful... one of which being the flowers that supposedly come after a month of rain. For me May holds the end of an amazing journey and the beginning of a new one. In 3 weeks from today I will graduate from college and officially enter adulthood. This truth has been brutally apparent today as the calendar turned from April to May and as I purchased a dress for the graduation festivities.
With the few short days that are left in college, I want to take advantage of every precious moment I am given. I want to ensure I am spending quality time with the people I care about the most, and doing things that bring joy and happiness.
I'm going to do my best to record these events on my blog. I want to remember what the end of a great 4 years was like. Today has been a great beginning to this month of excitement. Brandy and Sara and I spent the day gallivanting around Greensboro. We ate lunch, I had my first ever double cheeseburger, and then shopped around the mall. We spent the first hour or so playing with puppies at the pet store! Puppies are incredibly good for the soul. I was convinced we were going to walk out of that store with a dog. Then the girls got pedicures while I searched for a graduation dress. I purchased two dresses that I really liked because I couldn't make a decision. Hopefully I'll pick one soon so I can return the losing candidate and have the money charged back to my card. We then sat in line for a second failed attempt at seeing the musical on campus. I just reheated left over Tokyo and finished a book I have been reading for about a week. In about an hour or so we will be heading out for drinks with another friend to celebrate her 22nd birthday. Doesn't that sound like a great day?
I hope that the rest of these May days I have at Elon are as wonderful as today.
No comments:
Post a Comment