So last night as a friend and I were contemplating our evening activities, we found ourselves on the topic of alcohol and God's view on drinking etc.
At that point I think God called Pastor Mark and said, "I think you should go have a honest conversation with these girls about your word and the truths found there."
Pastor Mark must have responded and said, "Don't worry I'll get them in the morning at church in front of everybody else."
We definitely weren't expecting it as we walked into church this morning that is for sure. The sermon was all about deception and the way the devil tries to deceive us into believing things other than the God's truths. In the garden of eden Satan tried to convince Eve to bring Go's word under human judgment. The devil still does that today! We are constantly questioning, "Did God really say that?" We try to modify what the scriptures say based on our feelings. Also, we do things that we may know are wrong, with the understanding that God will forgive us.
However, the word of God is 100% of God and there is no wiggle room in what it says right. If I say that I believe that the bible is the word of God then who am I to think I can go and change the meanings to meet my needs?
Matthew 7:13-15 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
As a Christian I am called to enter through the small gate and walk down the narrow road that leads to life.
So now my goal is to learn to narrow the roads I am walking down.
No comments:
Post a Comment