Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Just One More Biscuit...

Last night I couldn't get it out of my head how much I LOVE biscuits and how I have no ability to resist them.

I've been thinking about all the things I have coming up that I would like my body to be in good shape for.... job interviews, swim team, first year of teaching, Lisa's wedding... and the list could go on and on. WHY then do I have no self control to say no to the second biscuit?!

Last night we had biscuits with our dinner and as I am TRYING (and failing might I add) to eat healthily, one biscuit would have been more than enough. However, I couldn't resist that fluffy biscuit sitting on the table plus butter. I just couldn't say no!! I debated in my head for a while but my taste buds won the battle and I reached for the second biscuit. I also couldn't resist another serving of rice plus butter. I know that there shouldn't have been rice AND biscuits on the table in the first place, but I wasn't in control of that. Anyway... I walked away from that table being annoyed that I couldn't say NO to the extra food.

"Just Say No." Wasn't that the slogan we learned through the DARE project in 5th grade? Well it apparently hasn't transfered over into this area of life. I was going to let the whole thing go, because this is a cycle I find myself in daily, yet then I found myself again in a situation with biscuits this morning!

I was meeting my friend Stacy for breakfast at the local favorite breakfast spot. Biscuits are their specialty. I contemplated eggs and toast...which would have been the healthier choice but I couldn't bring myself to do it. "I'm going back to school tomorrow." I justified to myself. I won't have another opportunity to eat here for a while. So one more biscuit was added to my stomach but this time the biscuit was filled with scrambled eggs and cheese.

As I am sitting here analyzing my obsession with biscuits and my inability to say no...My father just said..." How about we go to dinner at your favorite place for dinner. Note that this is the same place I had breakfast and lunch. He then added "We can get some biscuits".

Oh my gosh!! Thank goodness THEY don't serve biscuits for dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment