Lesson Learned: When the waves of life come to knock you down.. let God hold you and be still.
- Yesterday we took a few hours to visit the beach. Even though we are going to have been in VA Beach for 5 days, I think those two hours might have been our sole visit to actually see the ocean. The boys were jumping waves, and Dad was sitting in his chair. I was peacefully standing with the waves crashing around my knees watching the hundreds of people around. Two people quickly caught my eye. This father and his young daughter. She was clearly terrified of the waves, so everytime they would come, he would pick her up. Sometimes she would kick and scream while in the air, and other times she would be peaceful and just let her Daddy hold her. I thought that this was the perfect illustration of our relationship with God and how he can hold us through the waves of life. When troubles come, God will hold us. How we react while he is holding is our choice. We can choose to be peaceful and rest in his arms, or we can kick and scream even though he has us wrapped safely in his arms.
As I was sitting down and began to think about this, I was reminded of one of my favorite songs that we sing at IV...
"Save me Oh God- for the waters.. have come up to my neck. I am sinking to the bottom, where I can not stand. I am calling to You, can You hear my cry?! Oh my God, You turned your eyes, now my heart has come alive. Only You have come to find me. Only You have come to pull me out. Only You have come to save me. Only You have come to wrap Your arms around me. And no one, has ever loved me, like the way You love me... wrap your arms around me. NO ONE has ever loved me like the way you love me.. wrap your arms around me."
God is so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment