Is my relationship with God my number one priority?
I want to say yes. But I'm not sure I can and stlil answer honestly. I don't even know what that question really means. What does it look like to have your relationship with God as your number one priority? The first thing that I thought it looked like was loving Him with all my heart soul and mind?
If so... what does it look like to love God that way? I personally see it as loving other people. Seeing as He isn't a physical being on earth for me to love on, I see loving God as loving Him through others. But then I feel as if I am back to the point of putting my relationships with others before God.
I've been sitting here trying to figure it out, but to no success. I shamelessly turned to the world of google, and googled something to the effect of "how do you put your relationship with God first?" I perused through one site that was lame and gave me the following "steps"
"But seek first the kingdom and his righteousness..."
Worship God
Hear from God
Meditate on God
Pray to God
Not super helpful. I know these things. But I want the REAL answer.
So I tried another site, that was like a Christian chat room where someone had posted a similar question. I read through lots of the responses and still didn't find anything helpful. As I was nearing the bottom of a rather lengthy chat discussion a short one liner caught my eye: "fall in love with Jesus."
This answer struck me. What a simple answer. Fall in love with Jesus.
I can't claim to ever have been in love, but when people are in love, I think that relationship (when healthy) becomes a huge priority. So if I truly fell in love with Jesus, it would be simple for Him to be my number one relationship. Right?
I'm gonna try to focus more and more on the reasons I love God and fall more and more in love with him. I guess we will see where this journey takes me.
No comments:
Post a Comment