The past 24 hours have brought me to asking God many questions.
Why do young people die?
Why do children suffer from cancer?
The list goes on and on. My friend Beth's brother died in a motorcycle accident last night and my heart is hurting so much for her and her family right now. I never met Daniel, but I can only imagine the pain that the family is experiencing. I'm lucky to know that even though we walk through the shadow of death... it is just that... a shadow. I can't imagine ever going through something like this without my Jesus by my side. I hope this family has that comfort to rely on during such a trying time.
Also, I read a blog about a little girl in HP named Kate who has cancer. It has been a rough ride for this sweet little one and tomorrow she is having a bone aspiration (I believe those are the right words) to find out if this new expiramental drug is doing anything at all. This is really her last option, and I am begging God to let it work. Seeing sick children also makes my heart hurt. To see them experience so much pain and agony at such a young age is heartbreaking.
This is only a glimpse into the pain of two random people. I could sit here and list out to you the pain in each and every one of my friend's lives. What hurts their hearts and their souls. I could list you the things that cause me pain.
Why is there so much pain and suffering in this world? Is it because God wants to bring us closer to him? Is it because we live in an imperfect world and the only perfect place is heaven? Someone posed this question to me yesterday: "What is the point of being on Earth? If we're never meant to be fully satisfied here.. and true happiness is waiting for us in Heaven... then what is the point here?"
I responded with the point here is to experience as much of God's goodness during our time here. I'm not sure if I said this or not but our time is also to bring the good news of Christ to others... so they can experience it as well.
So if the point of this life is to live just to be with God... then we should be happy when people die? But we aren't. We're sad. We're sad when people are dieing. Also... what about the people who we aren't sure whether or not they ever asked God in their lives? What about them?
I'm confused.
All I can do in this moment is pray. I'm begging God to hold Beth's family. I'm begging God to let Kate's test go well tomorrow and bring positive news. I'm begging God to help me sort through my questions and bring me closer to him.
No comments:
Post a Comment