Yesterday wasn't my favorite day ever. Nothing bad really happened, and nothing really went wrong, yet I was simply in an awful mood. I was snapping at my roommates, my parents and ultimately anyone I interacted with. Aren't you sad you missed it reader?
Well around 2:30 I was sitting in my fine arts class which is never my favorite anyway, when I received an email on my phone from my mother. She informed me that my 16 year old brother would be in Elon that evening for the basketball game. Normally this type of news would have overjoyed me, but based on my track record for the day thus far I was less than pleased.
I rather quickly sent my brother a snappy text message asking why he hadn't previously told me he was coming. If I had known, I would have arranged my schedule in such a way that I could have gone to the game too! After a few snippy responses back and forth I finally calmed down and we agreed to catch up with each other later.
Around 7:45 that evening I stopped by the game to say hello to him on my way to the gym. As soon as I saw him I forgot about my frustrations and was simply happy to see him. His friends and I enjoyed some time together at the game and then some time at my house afterwards. It was amazing how a little quality time with one of my favorite people could truly warm my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment