Today I had my first five interviews of the job search process. Fortunately for my anxiety level I have had other things to "stress" about over the past week and was unable to fully comprehend the stressfulness today would bring.
The past 24 hours have been a rollercoaster of emotion. Let's start with yesterday afternoon.
2:00 My fine arts class got out over an hour early. A group of us decided to celebrate St. Patricks Day Mexican style. (Happy)
2:30 We headed to Monterreys for Chips and Cheese Dip and Margaritas. Knowing there would be no evening celebration of any kind, we decided we deserved a relaxing afternoon before we truly started stressing about the interviews before us. (Peace)
6:30- Went to drugstore to pick up my prescription which they informed me they would not fill because my insurance wouldn't approve it without prior approval or something. This resulted in a complete mental meltdown. This was my first emotional meltdown in over a month, so it was releasing lots of emotions and this was simply the breaking point. (Anger, Sadness, Fear, Uncertainty)
7:30- Sat in car with roommate outside of restaurant trying to calm down enough to enter. Bless her soul. (Worry)
9:00- Went to the Library to print 39 page life story paper on birth through high school. (Relief)
11:00- Home from library (got distracted at the library for a while... and it really wasn't two hours... so not sure what time is off here)(Panic)
11:15- Prayed with Brandy about all things life: interviews, sickness, unemployment, papers, fear, and the list continues. It was intense. (Peace)
12:10- Natty came home from the library and we chatted about interviews!! EEK (Nervous excitement)
7:20 am- I begin hearing my roommates alarm going off in the other room... that's how lightly I was sleeping (Subtle Stress)
7:30 am- My alarm went off and I woke up in sheer panic mode. (Complete panic)
8:45- Walked out the door for interviews (anticipation)
9-10 Open job fair (Uncomfortable)
10-12 Scheduled Interviews (Excitement/Nervousness)
12-1 Lunch (rushed)
1-1:30 Final Interview (Respected)
1:30- Teacher Fair Over!! (RELIEF)
Phew...
The rest of today has been spent around here getting things ready to leave for spring break tomorrow!!! (Bahamas Baby)
As I reflect on today, I'm proud of myself for the way things went. I got discouraged at one point, but I know I did the best I knew how. I sat up straight, I made eye contact, I tried to speak intelligently. I did my best to seem genuine and interested. I walked up to people at the open fair and introduced myself even though it felt uncomfortable. I received some feedback from various people that was encouraging, and I left the experience feeling good about myself and my future.
For a first job interviewing experience I don't believe it could have been any better. I'm thankful that I had the opportunity. It would be amazing if this resulted in a job, but I'm not stupid enough to believe that will happen at this point.
Well this entry really serves no purpose other than to simply document today. Kind of a big day in my world.
Well I'm exhausted and the dog across the street is howling, which is my sign that it's time to get some shut eye.
No comments:
Post a Comment